Friday 3 September 2010

Some sad news

Dear friends,

I will keep this short as my heart is heavy.

Yesterday my dad got his latest scan results and it is not good. The cancer has spread throughout his liver and into his abdomen. He is jaundiced and in pain. The doctor said there is nothing more they can do to treat him. His consultant said our dad probably has a few weeks to live.

We are devastated. Dad is really doing well considering and he seems at peace with whatever God wants to do. He is very tired and can't carry on living the way he is. He needs God to either heal him completely or take him home.

I typed the word impossible into my online bible search box this morning and the first verse that came up was from Matthew 17 verses 20-21 (amplified) and it challenged me.

He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
21 But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

Right now I can honestly say my faith is as small as a mustard seed, I am struggling but there still is some hope inside of me that God can and will do this.

Over the next few weeks please take one day to prayer and fast for the impossible to happen. Everything in this situation says it is impossible, but God's Word is true and if He says we need to pray and fast to see a mountain move then that is what I will do. I ask you to join me, because in unity and in coming together of the saints we can see God move.

Thank you all.

Shahlaa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment